Thursday, May 16, 2013

I *heart* ricotta



I made a bunch of pasta the other night and was planning on putting some sauce on it I had in the fridge, only to discover the sauce went bad. So, I bridged out, and the results were satisfying. I had some pesto that I had made the week before, some greens that needed to get used, and some ricotta that I had bought for baking something. Yum.

Nothing very complex or ground-breaking about this recipe, which is why I like it.

Ingredients:
whole wheat penne pasta
handful of arugula
pesto to taste (I used the homemade kind I posted the recipe for here awhile ago)
sauteed or steamed veggie (I used broccoli the first time and zucchini the next, I preferred the broccoli)
few dollops of ricotta cheese

I made enough for the next day, it was good cold too! I have a sneaking suspicion ricotta can make anything taste better.




1 comment: